Fontana Garibaldi

“Fontana Garibaldi” is known since the XV century as “Fontana Vecchia” (old fountain).
In August 1860 the Brigade Orsini of Garibaldi found refreshment of drinking water from this fountain.

In honor of them “Fontana Vecchia” became “Fontana Garibaldi” (at that time this mountain was embellished with a facade of grey granite).
The ferrous taste of this water is due to its high iron content coming from a rich rock of this material.

Not everyone likes this particolar flavor, which does not deprive its waters of healing properties.